Job Title: Office Assistant
Location: New Ash Green, Kent
Terms: Permanent Position, 5 Hours per day – Mon-Fri, 25 hours per week
Salary: £17.5k – £19k Negotiable subject to experience
Reporting to: Office Manager
About us: The New Ash Green Village Association oversees the whole area of New Ash Green working alongside 24 neighbourhood Residents Societies. Our assets include Sports Fields, a Pavilion, Village Hall, Meeting Room and a many large areas of public open space including parks and woodlands. We have our own dedicated team of Greenland maintenance staff, and we also work with Parish, District and County Councils, Utilities and many other official bodies to ensure the village as a whole is maintained effectively and continues to thrive.
About the role: Working in a small team based at our office in the village centre, this role is to assist the Office Manager in all aspects of running a busy office. The office is the public face of the Village Association, so ensuring our residents receive the best levels of customer service and communication we can offer is a key part of this role, while also ensuring that our own staff, contractors and suppliers are managed effectively.
- Handle daily communications with residents, staff, contractors and suppliers – In person, by phone or online including via our Facebook, Website and email systems.
- Manage the house transfer system within the village.
- Maintain and update work records for the Greenlands Team
- Produce reports, letters etc as required by any department
- Keep consumable stocks to required levels.
- Manage both village hall and meeting room bookings.
- Ensure Health & Safety records are kept up to date and appropriate checks are carried out in line with current regulations.
- Attend scheduled management meetings take minutes & publish as needed. This is in conjunction with the Office Manager on a rota basis – some out of hours work will be required.
- Assist in the production of regular newsletters.
- Keen problem-solving abilities
- Proactive approach
- Customer Service focus
- Clear Communicator
- IT literate (Microsoft Office 365)
- Team Player
If you are interested in the above position, please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.